UniSA is a nimble and focused university responding to local, national and global needs.
- In 2019, the QS (Quacarelli Symonds) ‘Top 50 under 50’ ranked the University of South Australia at number 25 in the world for universities less than 50 years old.
- THE (Times Higher Education) ranked UniSA in the top 10 Australian universities (Top 3 Young University in Australia).
- #1 Young University in Australia for Teaching Quality (2018 THE Young University Rankings);
- UniSA is ranked among the top 50 institutions in the world for its international outlook (#50) in the THE 2018-2019 rankings (#6 in Australia).
QS ranks us as one of the world’s best places to study:
- Nursing (Top 100) 2019 QS Subject Rankings;
- Art and Design (Top 150) 2019 QS Subject Rankings;
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Top 150) 2019 QS Subject Rankings;
- Accounting and Finance (Top 150) 2019 QS Subject Rankings;
- Architecture/Built Environments (Top 150) 2018 QS Subject Rankings;
- Education (Top 150) 2018 QS Subject Rankings;
- Our Business School is ranked in the world’s top 1% AACSB, July 2016
THE ranks us as one of the world’s best places to study:
- Law (Ranked #81 in the world), 2019 THE Subject Rankings;
- Business and Economics (World Top 100) 2019 THE Subject Rankings;
- Education (World Top 150) 2019 THE Subject Rankings;
- 97% of our research assessed as world standard or above; ERA
- We’re Australia’s number one young university for industry sourced research income; 2019 THE World University Rankings;
- We’re Australia’s youngest university to receive five-Stars in research QS Stars Ratings 2017;
- We rated 5-Stars for Learning Resources 2019 Good Universities Guide.
South Australian rankings
- Number 1 for student satisfaction QILT Course Experience Questionnaire 2016-2018 - Overall Satisfaction Indicator (Undergraduate). Public SA-founded universities only;
- Number 1 for graduate careers QILT Graduate Outcomes Survey 2016 - 18. Full-time Employment Indicator (Undergraduate). Public SA-founded universities only
- Number 1 for employer satisfaction QILT 2018. Employer Satisfaction Survey, Overall Satisfaction Indicator - National Report.
- Number 1 for graduate employment in Architecture and Built Environment / Communications / Education / Psychology and Social Work / Business and Management / Health Services QILT Graduate Outcomes Sruvey. Course Experience Questionnaire 2016 - 18 - Overall Employment Indicator (Undergraduate). Public SA-founded universities only.
- Number 1 for overall teaching in Law QILT Course Experience Questionnaire 2015-2016
- Online students have graduate employment rates well above the national average (86.1%) QILT Graduate Outcomes Survey 2017.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College