This page outlines how the University of South Australia collects information through the use of its website. This information does not extend to external websites linked from the University website.
Collection of Information from the Website
One way of collecting information is through cookies, which are small information files that many websites store on your hard disk. For example, when you log onto your University email from a particular computer for the first time, cookies containing your log on information will be saved to your hard disk. The server can then read your cookie file to confirm your identity for that site. Cookies are used by the University to enhance the experience of using the University's website and provide information to users of the website (including targeted information regarding services offered by the University).
A Client Relationship Management system (CRM) uses the cookies to identify the IP address of a device used to access the University's website and matches that IP address to information held by the University. You may choose to disallow Cookies through your web browser settings. This may alter some functionality otherwise available on the University's website.
The University may also collect information that you submit via any email address that you provide whilst visiting its website.
The University makes a record of your visit to its website using Google Analytics Web statistics service. The University logs the following information for statistical purposes - IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited and the type of browser and OS being used. More information about Google Analytics and privacy.
Internal Users of the University Computer Environment
The University has an onus to ensure that unacceptable behaviour does not occur on the computer systems and the policy relating to privacy on the University's IT network formalises this commitment.
For information on how the University holds, uses and discloses personal information collected generally, please view the University’s policy on Privacy.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College