Financial support for research degrees, including scholarships for living expenses (often called a stipend) and a tuition fee offset or waiver, enables you to focus full-time on your research project. There are various types of financial support available for high-achieving Australian and international applicants. Financial support like scholarships are associated with research projects and awarded on a competitive basis. 

The following types of scholarships and financial support available typically include: 

Living allowance
A living allowance scholarship, also known as a stipend, provides fortnightly payments to help with living expenses. These types of scholarships are available for projects with full-time students. 

Tuition fee offsets and waivers
Most Australian students are eligible for the Commonwealth Government Research Training Program fee offset. International students may apply for a project which includes a tuition fee waiver, covering the cost of the fees. 

Other expenses
Some scholarships provide top-up funding to the living allowance, some fund particular opportunities such as conference travel costs, while others include support for costs associated with the research, or expenses like overseas student health cover.

At UniSA, scholarships and other financial support are associated with the research project that you apply forPlease view our application process or find a research project 

➜  Domestic student scholarships

(Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents of Australia)

Other opportunities

You might also like to explore High achiever scholarshipsVacation Research Scholarships, and Vice Chancellor and President's Scholarships.

Other grants and awards may also be available while studying – for example, to support you to present your research at national or international conferences, or to publish your research.