UniSA is a nimble and focused university responding to local, national and global needs.
- Ranked 30th in the world's Top 50 under 50 2020 QS Top 50 Universities Aged Under 50;
- THE (Times Higher Education) ranked UniSA in the top 10 Australian universities (Top 3 Young University in Australia).
- #1 Young University in Australia for Teaching Quality (2018 THE Young University Rankings);
- UniSA is ranked in the top 3 Young Universities in Australia for Teaching, International Outlook, Research and Industry Income (2019 THE Young University Rankings)
QS ranks us as one of the world’s best places to study:
- Nursing (Top 100) 2019 QS Subject Rankings;
- Art and Design (Top 150) 2019 QS Subject Rankings;
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Top 150) 2019 QS Subject Rankings;
- Accounting and Finance (Top 150) 2019 QS Subject Rankings;
- Exercise and Sport Science (Top 100) 2019 QS Subject Rankings, Sport-Related Subjects
- Our Business School is ranked in the world’s top 1% UniSA Business School is one of just nine institutions in Australia and 180 globally to be accredited by EQUIS (from over 16,500 worldwide). EFMD, February 2019.
THE ranks us as one of the world’s best places to study:
- Law (Ranked #81 in the world), 2019 THE Subject Rankings;
- Business and Economics (World Top 150) 2019 THE Subject Rankings;
- Education (World Top 150) 2019 THE Subject Rankings;
- Engineering and Technology (Top 150) 2019 THE Subject Rankings;
- Computer Science (Top 150) 2019 THE Subject Rankings;
- 100% of our assessed research rated at or above world-class; 2018 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA), 4-digit Fields of Research.
- Ranked #1 in Australia for industry research income; 2019 THE World University Rankings.
- Australia's youngest university to receive five-stars in research; 2019 QS Stars Ratings.
- No.2 young university in Australia for research quality; 2019 THE Young University Rankings.
South Australian rankings
- Number 1 for student satisfaction QILT Course Experience Questionnaire 2016-2018 - Overall Satisfaction Indicator (Undergraduate). Public SA-founded universities only;
- Number 1 for graduate careers QILT Graduate Outcomes Survey 2016 - 18. Full-time Employment Indicator (Undergraduate). Public SA-founded universities only
- Number 1 for employer satisfaction QILT 2018. Employer Satisfaction Survey, Overall Satisfaction Indicator - National Report.
- Number 1 for graduate employment in Architecture and Built Environment / Communications / Education / Psychology and Social Work / Business and Management / Health Services QILT Graduate Outcomes Sruvey. Course Experience Questionnaire 2016 - 18 - Overall Employment Indicator (Undergraduate). Public SA-founded universities only.
- Online students have graduate employment rates well above the national average (86.1%) QILT Graduate Outcomes Survey 2017.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College