Full semester exchange
You must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or above, and have no more than 9 failed units in the program in which you are currently enrolled. Students must undertaking their exchange outside of Australia and outside of their country of citizenship.
At point of application, you must have completed and passed at least 36 units of your current program (the 36 units can be made up of 18 units in your current program and 18 units credit transfer).
At point of application, you must have completed at least 9 units in the program in which you are currently enrolled or alternatively completion of your undergraduate program at the University of South Australia.
- International students studying a University of South Australia program can apply to go on exchange and apply for the travel grant.
- The selection criteria apply to international students.
- International students may be required to take a TOEFL / IELTS test at their own expense to apply to some partner universities.
Short Term Opportunities
You must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or above, and have no more than 9 failed units in the program in which you are currently enrolled. Approval from your Program Director that a minimum of 4.5 units credit toward your current program will also need to be provided. Students must undertaking their short term program outside of Australia and outside of their country of citizenship.
At point of application, you must have completed and passed at least 18 units of your current program.
At point of application, you must have completed at least 9 units in the program in which you are currently enrolled.
Discussion with Academic Advisor/Program Director
Before you apply for the exchange program it is recommended you discuss your decision with a relevant academic staff member. You must research your options prior to meeting the staff member and take relevant documentation with you. Ultimately your Program Director needs to approve your course selection.
The Study Overseas office can provide a letter confirming details of your exchange for you to present to the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship if required.
Students undertaking a placement
Students undertaking University approved Placement / Work Experience / Field Trips / Site Visits are provided with relevant insurance by the University. See here for details and conditions for cover or contact the Insurance Office.
Student Mobility Policy: A - 36 Student mobility.
- Be undertaking your mobility program outside of Australia and outside of your country of citizenship
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College