Full semester exchange
You must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or above, and have no more than 9 failed units in the program in which you are currently enrolled. Students must undertake their exchange outside of Australia and outside of their country of citizenship.
At point of application, you must have completed and passed at least 36 units of your current program (the 36 units can be made up of 18 units in your current program and 18 units credit transfer).
At point of application, you must have completed at least 9 units in the program in which you are currently enrolled or alternatively completion of your undergraduate program at the University of South Australia.
We recommend that international students wishing to study overseas through the University of South Australia arrange a meeting with the Study Overseas team to discuss their options, especially as costs can be greater than for domestic students.
- International students studying a University of South Australia program can apply to go on exchange and apply for the travel grant.
- The selection criteria apply to international students.
- International students may be required to take a TOEFL / IELTS test at their own expense to apply to some partner universities.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that taking overseas studies will not adversely affect their visa/future work and study prospects.
Short Term Opportunities
You must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or above, and have no more than 9 failed units in the program in which you are currently enrolled. Approval from your Program Director that a minimum of 4.5 units credit toward your current program will also need to be provided. Students must undertake their short term program outside of Australia and outside of their country of citizenship. The same criteria applies to international students as it does for exchange.
At point of application, you must have completed and passed at least 18 units of your current program.
At point of application, you must have completed at least 9 units in the program in which you are currently enrolled, or alternatively completion of your undergraduate program at the University of South Australia.
Discussion with Academic Advisor/Program Director
Before you apply for the exchange program it is recommended you discuss your decision with a relevant academic staff member. You must research your options prior to meeting the staff member and take relevant documentation with you. Ultimately your Program Director needs to approve your course selection.
The Study Overseas office can provide a letter confirming details of your exchange for you to present to the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship if required.
Students undertaking a placement
Students undertaking University approved Placement / Work Experience / Field Trips / Site Visits are provided with relevant insurance by the University. See here for details and conditions for cover or contact the Insurance Office.
Student Mobility Policy: A - 36 Student mobility.
- Be undertaking your mobility program outside of Australia and outside of your country of citizenship
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College