WEDNESDAY 1 MAY - THURSDAY 16 MAY,
THE BOB HAWKE PRIME MINISTERIAL CENTRE'S
KERRY PACKER CIVIC GALLERY
Gallery open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (Thursdays until 7pm)
Hawke Building Level 3, UniSA City West campus, 55 North Terrace, Adelaide
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre and Neami National
Cultivate explores the concept of recovery through nurturing and strengthening a person’s identity. Featuring multidisciplinary artworks by emerging artists attending the Neami National Visual Art Programs, the exhibition encompasses the depth of the human psyche and the community connection we invest in to grow and flourish.
Creative team: Artist and Curator Elyas Alavi and Arts Coordinator Vass Hay, Neami National Port Adelaide
Daniel has been making art as long as he can remember. He studied at the Adelaide Central School of Art in Norwood and his favourite artists are Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and various rock album cover designers. He is an artist of peace- and as INXS would say, “Calling all nations, put it on the line…” . Daniel hopes to have his own studio one day.
Image: Tiger Man, Daniel Kean
Catherine has always enjoyed drawing and painting. "There is an energy of adventure when I paint that I love."
She looks forward to creating more work in the future and developing her skills.
Image: Viola, Catherine Pallin
Joe always loved art, especially abstract works, but never put paint to canvas until later in life. Joe’s work is inspired by pop art, colourists and naïve painters.
To this artist, painting should be relaxing, fun and spontaneous.
Image: Vibrant Lives, Joe Amuso
Malcolm has attended the Port Adelaide art group for over 10 years. He likes to design landscapes in oil paint using his own unique vision, rather than painting from a photo.
Malcolm paints almost every day and is now branching out into portraiture.
Image: A Walk on the Beach, Malcolm Derwas
Phillip has a passion for photography and a very keen eye for detail.
He manipulates his images on Photoshop and loves to recreate landscapes, both natural and urban, with a layer of colour.
Image: Spirit Dance, Phillip Miller
Over the years Lynnette has worked on many new techniques to manipulate her images in Photoshop.
She is creative and natural when capturing images with the camera.
Image: Untitled, Lynette Hartman
Rob is an auto-didactic visual artist with interests also in photography. He always loved arts books as a kid, but as he is now semi-retired he has more time to have a go.
Image: La Tomatina, Rob Lockett
Betty has been attending the Comet Arts group in Elizabeth for several years. She began painting with acrylic producing portraits and is now embracing coloured pencils as an art form. Betty enjoys new challenges and looks forward to where these opportunities will take her.
Image: Tranquil Valley, Betty Artis
While the views presented by speakers within The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: Strengthening our Democracy - Valuing our Diversity - and Building our Future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College