Saab Defence Technology PhD Top-Up Scholarship
About this scholarship
The Saab Defence Technology PhD Top-Up Scholarship encourages commencing University of South Australia PhD candidates to engage in full time research in the defence technology industry.
It is anticipated candidates will apply for the scholarship during provisional enrolment, having not yet submitted a research proposal and received approval. The research must be aligned to a project in one of the following areas:
- Modelling and Analysis
- Cyber Security
- Mixed and Augmented Reality
- Autonomous Systems
The scholarship is open to candidates commencing full-time Doctorate by Research studies. Candidates may apply to receive the scholarship on a part-time basis if there are compassionate or compelling reasons (for example, the need to provide full-time care of children, or disabled, sick, injured or elderly family members). The need to undertake
part-time or full-time work is not considered a compassionate or compelling reason.
It is expected the successful recipient will:
- sign a participation agreement to protect intellectual property generated as part of the project
- be willing to act as an ambassador for the Saab Defence Technology PhD Top-Up scholarship (for example, participate in occasional activities such as filming/interviews
to document the research journey and impact of the scholarship).
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to attend a selection panel interview.
Selection will be based on:
- field of research
- written statement
- performance at interview (if applicable)
Candidates can only be offered this scholarship once. Any withdrawal from the program forfeits the scholarship. Candidates may be in receipt of other scholarships or grants administered by UniSA.
- Australian Citizen (candidate may need security clearance)
- commencing Doctorate by research candidate (provisional enrolment subject to confirmation of candidature)
- residing in South Australia
- in receipt of a full living stipend
- undertaking advanced research relating to defence technology industry
Up to $35,000 to be paid as a top-up stipend (up to $10,000 per year for a maximum of 3.5 years). Pro-rata payments will apply for part-time enrolment
How to apply and closing date
Applications are accessed through myScholarships (via logging on to the myUniSA student portal).
Applicants must provide:
• a Curriculum Vitae
• a written statement (maximum 500 words) detailing:
• reasons for undertaking the program
• their research question or problem to be investigated
• the importance of the research and potential impact
• future career goals
In addition to applying online, applicants are required to provide a written statement and Curriculum Vitae, as outlined above, to email@example.com.
For more information on how to apply, contact:
SAS: Scholarships and Candidature
Tel: +61 8 8302 5880