Healthy Development Adelaide and Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation PhD Excellence Award
The PhD Excellence Award (formerly top-up scholarships) are $5,000 per annum for up to 3 years only to augment an Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Stipend Scholarship or equivalent competitive scholarship.
Applications are invited for PhD Research Scholarships in the areas of Healthy Development: disciplines include, but are not restricted to, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, biostatistics, demography, dentistry, economics, education, endocrinology, epidemiology, ethics, genetics, indigenous health, law, nutrition, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, pharmacology, physiology, politics, psychiatry, psychology, public health and sociology. https://health.adelaide.edu.au/healthy-development-adelaide/our-research
Preference will be given to projects with a multidisciplinary focus and that enhance more than one discipline within the research topic.
Applications are invited from domestic and international students who are newly commencing a PhD for the first time in 2020, and commencing between January – March 2020. Applicants should be eligible to enrol or be currently enrolled at either the University of Adelaide, University of South Australia or Flinders University in 2020, in addition applicants must satisfy each of the following criteria.
- Applicants must hold a first class Honours degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the chosen field of study
- Applicants hold an Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Stipend Scholarship or equivalent competitive postgraduate scholarship
- Applicants must have a HDA member as their primary/principal supervisor
- Research projects must be aligned with the Healthy Development theme
Conditions of Funding
Successful HDA Scholars will be required to partake in the HDA Research Training Program during their candidature. The program consists of a 20 hour practicum placement, mentoring component, and attending HDA events.
Annual renewal of top-up funding will also be subject to meeting your University postgraduate requirements, and subject to funding availability from the Channel 7 Children’s research Foundation.
Please submit the following documents by 5.00pm Tuesday 20 December2019 to:
Healthy Development Adelaide, Anne Jurisevic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed HDA Application (both in pdf and doc format in font Arial 12)
- Current curriculum vitae
- Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) or equivalent competitive scholarship awarded
- Academic transcript