Your career advantage
At UniSA, building research careers is considered an integral part of our research culture and success. As a research fellow, you are actively encouraged to undertake high-quality research in our institutes and centres, to improve your national and international profile, and to assume a leadership role.
The UniSA fellows career package offers you a range of personal support, research schemes, and development programs.
- Financial research support: Externally-funded fellows receive generous annual financial support for the duration of their fellowship to help with progressing their research agenda and profile.
- Research support schemes: Fellows may apply for additional intramural funding, through internal grant schemes. These include annual research grants, and the biannual Early Career Researcher Networking Award and Visiting Distinguished Researcher Award.
- Grant and fellowship development funding: Fellows receive considerable support to develop and maintain a nationally competitive research profile. Grant and fellowship schemes include seed funding to generate pilot data, workshops to develop grant writing and interview skills, and expert review of draft applications.
- Early Career Researcher Development Program: The Early Career Researcher Development Program is available to early-career research fellows wishing to enhance research skills, networks, and understanding of the broader research environment.
- Research Leadership Development Program: The first of its kind in the Australian university sector, the Research Leadership Development Program identifies successful researchers demonstrating evidence of leadership and engages them in an 18-month program designed to accelerate a trajectory to research leadership.
- Fellows Network: The Fellows Network supports and advises on professional development and career planning and enhancement.
Additional fellowship support
UniSA research fellows are also encouraged to supervise honours and postgraduate students, and can access excellent professional development in supervising. In addition, with UniSA's strong history of research partnerships with communities, government and industry, there is expert support on the management and administration of research grants and fellowships, and the provision of legal, contract and ethics advice.
Fellowship opportunities at UniSA
Discover the fellowships available to you.
Get in touch
Contact the Dean of Research or an institute or centre director.
Your career advantage
Read how we support your research, help build your profile, and encourage leadership.
Apply for a Fellowship
Apply for fellowship opportunities.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College