VietnamPhuong Nguyen,Bachelor of Nursing (IBNU)
What are the benefits of UniSA and their teaching staff?
"The University of South Australia (UniSA) has developed well-equipped practice labs and different experimental learning activities for nursing students. The programs have helped us to visualise and practice our nursing skills. UniSA also provides students with a number of beneficial services like Career Hub or support from the Learning and Teaching Unit (LTU). Last but not least, the social activities and careers expos have given us the opportunities to meet people in the industry and build up our social network.
The actual experiences in healthcare settings have helped me to understand so many things which I could not visualise while studying at the university. I realise the importance of the knowledge which we have learnt from the university and also have had the opportunity to apply them. The very first experiences have shown me the real meaning of being a nurse."
What are your impressions of Adelaide?
"In my opinion, Adelaide is a nice and safe city, which is especially good for studying. In addition, the living conditions and living costs in Adelaide are also more affordable for students than other big cities in Australia. Adelaide is a good place to live and study."
What is your advice to others?
"I believe that if a student really wants to concentrate on his/her study, then Adelaide is one of the best destinations. Because Australia is a multicultural country, they should have an open mind to many different cultural experiences and finally be ready to live an exciting independent life."Enquire Online
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College