British High Commissioner to Australia: Her Excellency Menna Rawlings CMG
Britain after Brexit:
Access YouTube video HERE
Last year, the British electorate voted to leave the European Union. As a result, the British Government invoked Article 50 of the Treaty of the European Union, setting a two-year timeframe for the UK to leave the EU by 2019.
Brexit has become one of the great uncertainties of our times. No one has tried to leave the EU before and negotiation of the terms of British withdrawal are complex.
Her Excellency Menna Rawlings CMG, British High Commissioner to Australia, will explore the vision of Britain after Brexit.
Her Excellency Menna Rawlings CMG
Menna Rawlings has been British High Commissioner to Australia since April 2015.
Menna joined the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in 1989 and has served in a wide range of Diplomatic Service roles. She was most recently a member of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Management Board as HR Director. This followed postings to Washington DC, Ghana, Israel, Kenya and Brussels. In London, she has served as Private Secretary to the Permanent Under Secretary as well as in Press Office and the Africa and EU Directorates.
Following her presentation Her Excellency will be in-conversation with Professor Anthony Elliott, Executive Director: Hawke EU Centre for Mobilities, Migrations and Cultural Transformations, University of South Australia. The audience will have an opportunity to engage in a Q & A session with the speaker.
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College