EveryCity Symposium: Edifice
The Louis Laybourne Smith School of Architecture and Design, UniSA and
The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre, UniSA
Wednesday 8 March 2006
The Louis Laybourne Smith School of Architecture and Design and the Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre, UniSA are collaborating to present the third symposia in the EveryCity Series entitled Edifice. Previous symposia have been Terrace and Square. In each case, the aim is to explore the idea of everycity space – the cultural, political and design landscapes – and to consider new expressions and aspirations within our own space.
The Edifice symposium is an invitation only event, providing an opportunity for a range of views on pivotal buildings to be presented by participants, with an interdisciplinary capacity. It will complement other activities coinciding with the Adelaide Festival including an exhibition in the Kaurna Building entitled List Ing.
The Symposium will be chaired by Dr Judith Brine.
Nikos Papastergiadis, Associate Professor of Australian Studies at the University of Melbourne and Kerstin Thompson, Principal of Kerstin Thompson Architects, Melbourne will be presenting and will be joined by a panel of experts to engage the invited audience in discussion and questions during the proceedings.
The session will be recorded and series transcripts will be posted on the Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre web site with links to the Louis Laybourne Smith School of Architecture and Design website.
- Niko Papastergiadis, Associate Professor of Australian Studies at the University of Melbourne
- Kerstin Thompson, Principal of Kerstin Thompson Architects of Melbourne
Nikos Papastergiadis is kindly supported by the Adelaide Bank Festival of Arts 2006
- Ms Justine Clarke, Editor, Architecture Australia magazine
- Ms Kate Cullity, Partner, Taylor Cullity Lethlean
- Mr Phil Harris, Partner, Troppo Architects (SA)
- Ms Elizabeth Ho, Director, The Hawke Centre, University of South Australia
- Dr Heather Kerr, Head, English Department, University of Adelaide
- Mr Stephen Loo, Program Director-Architecture, Louis Laybourne-Smith School of Architecture & Design
- Mr John Wardle, Director, John Wardle Pty Ltd Architects
- Mr Hossein Valamanesh, Artist