Blog entries posted during 2018
It seems blogs are like buses. You wait for ages and then two turn up at once. I figured that a week was a reasonable amount of time to wait though. There’s a nice little scene near the end of the Jungle Book (the original animated version) where...
Sometimes my mind wanders. Well actually, more than sometimes. I tend to suffer from the same issue that caused Yoda to poke Luke with a stick in Empire. (I still can’t believe that was 38 years ago :o) Looking to the future, to the horizon....
Universities don’t often make the front page of the paper. But then headlines, it seems, behave like buses. You wait and wait for ages and then two come along at once. Don’t believe everything you read in the press though. We haven’t instantly...
Sliding doors, the trousers of time, mirror universes, alternate realities…. There are so many science fiction parallels to the state of strategic quantum flux in which we find ourselves that I could geek out writing about them for several...
Whenever I think about ‘retreats’ my mind instantly goes to Monty Python and The Holy Grail. ‘Run away, run away’. In typing that I realise that what I view as my popular culture references are now firmly in danger of becoming popular ancient...
In the famous short story by Washington Irving (coming up now for 200 years old - so not exactly pop culture - it doesn’t even have a DeLorean in it) Rip Van Winkle lay down and slept for twenty years. He missed a whole chunk of American history...
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College