Australian Technology Network
University of South Australia is part of a national collaborative group of four major Australian universities that form the Australian Technology Network of Universities (ATN).
The ATN is recognised as a global leader of a new generation of universities focused on industry collaboration, real-world research with real-world impact and produce work-ready graduates to become global thinkers in business and the community.
- Collectively, the ATN educates 20% of Australia’s graduates and are the destination of choice for 22% of Australia’s international students.
- Since 2010, 70% of the ATN’s research funding has come from industry.
- Over $1 billion is annually invested on real-world research and experimental development.
- As a group of universities, ATN research is recognised internationally with 93% of assessed research ranked at world class or above in the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2015 initiative.
- The ATN run Australia’s only Industry Doctoral Training Centre (IDTC), an industry focused initiative in research training.
- The ATN are leading participants in Australia's Cooperative Research Centres linking government, industry and researchers.
The ATN's objectives are:
- To be a cohesive and authoritative voice in the tertiary sector, and to use that voice positively to influence government policy formation;
- To produce highly employable graduates with the skills for tomorrow;
- To establish a strong market presence nationally and to develop new markets internationally;
- To collaborate to enable greater reach than can be achieved by individual institutions in areas such as public policy, research and development, and educational programs, both nationally and internationally;
- To optimise research opportunities and partnerships to consolidate research standing;
- To seek strategic and mutually beneficial alliances with similar networks overseas; and
- To share information and collaboration on the development of initiatives which benefit each member university.
Download a copy of the ATN Advantage brochure: http://www.atn.edu.au/about-us/fast-facts/
Visit the ATN website for more information: www.atn.edu.au
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College