East African Delights<Br>Long Table Dinners
Friday 17 February
Saturday 18 February
7pm - 11pm
Kerry Packer Civic Gallery, Hawke Building, UniSA City West campus
Join us for a night of East African inspired food, fine wine and amazing works of art. These Long Table Dinners will be served in our Kerry Packer Civic Gallery – allowing guests to take in the spectacular artwork created by East African artists, as part of the SANAA: A Better World Through Creativity exhibition.
The menu will be created by cooking collective MamaJama, whose main aim is to employ and continue the education of the women involved in the Mazi Mas Adelaide project.
Mazí Mas, a not for profit social enterprise, is a roaming restaurant that brings exciting, authentic, global home cooking to the public, and creates employment for aspiring women food entrepreneurs from migrant and refugee communities.
The cost is $70 per person, and includes a:
- 3 course meal
- Glass of Prosecco on arrival
A selection of boutique South Australian wines will be available for purchase on the night (cash only).
Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free meals can be catered for (please indicate when purchasing tickets).
This promises to be a fantastic night celebrating African art, food and culture.
Please note places are limited, so we recommend you purchase your tickets now as this event is sure to book out soon.
Find out more about Mazí Mas Adelaide.
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: Strengthening our Democracy - Valuing our Diversity - and Building our Future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College