Creating New Pathways to Market
Consumer interest in information about food safety, food origins, and the sustainability of food production processes is increasing.
Changing consumption behaviours present opportunities and threats for food producers who need to understand and respond to changing preferences.
Greenham's are a Tasmanian-based high quality beef exporter. Greenham's have made significant investments in the certification of their beef quality. The client wanted to determine the relative importance Australian consumers place on different attributes of their beef products, including quality claims.
A discrete choice experiment (DCE) was designed to mimic the experience of selecting different cuts of meat in-store. Respondents were asked to select how many units of each product they would purchase.
A Decision Support System was created which allowed the client to simulate product shelves in different grocery stores/butchers. The client could specify the competing products and their attributes to predict the probability of the consumer choosing their product.
Contact us to find out more information about this project.
Prof Swait is one of our experts.
Dr Ardeshiri is one of our experts.
See more about the research techniques we use to deliver key insights for partners.
Ask a Question
Get in touch with the Institute for Choice.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College