Alan Reddrop Research Grant for Family Business
About this scholarship
The Alan Reddrop Research Grant for Family Business supports a commencing PhD or Masters by Research candidate to engage in advanced research relating to the topic of family business.
Candidates may apply to receive the scholarship on a part-time basis if there are compassionate or compelling reasons (for example, the need to provide full-time care of children, or disabled, sick, injured or elderly family members). The need to undertake part-time or full-time work is not considered a compassionate or compelling reason.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to attend a selection panel interview.
-Candidates can only be offered this scholarship once. Any withdrawal from the program forfeits the scholarship.
The grant may be used to cover:
- travel to undertake research or for presenting at an international conference
- collecting data
- collaborating with international or interstate experts
- purchases required for the research that will be directly beneficial to the candidate
The grant funds should be utilised within 12 months of payment. If it is not expected that funds will be used within the timeframe‚ the reasons must be outlined in the written statement.
The selection panel may approve other relevant activities as outlined in the candidate’s application.
At all speaking engagements and publications arising from the research grant, recipients will provide the following acknowledgement: “I/the author acknowledge/s with gratitude the award of the Alan Reddrop Research Grant for Family Business for supporting this research.”
The grant will be awarded on the basis of the field of research, written statement, and academic merit including academic record‚ publications and/or professional experience, and where applicable, performance at interview.
Candidates may be in receipt of other scholarships or grants administered by UniSA.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or international candidate
- commencing higher degree by research candidate (provisional enrolment subject to confirmation of candidature)
- residing in South Australia
- in receipt of a full living stipend
- undertaking advanced research relating to family business
- applicants already holding a Doctorate are ineligible
How to apply and closing date
Applications are accessed through myScholarships (via logging on to the myUniSA student portal).
Applications open until filled.
Applicants must provide:
• a Curriculum Vitae
• a written statement (maximum 500 words) detailing:
• reasons for undertaking the program
• their research question or problem to be investigated
• the importance of the research and its potential impact future career goals
In addition to applying online, applicants are required to provide a written statement and curriculum vitae, as outlined above, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact:
SAS: Scholarships and Candidature
Tel: +61 8 8302 5880