BUPA Health Research Grant
The BUPA Health Research Grant is available to continuing full-time or part-time PhD or Masters by Research students enrolled in their second or third year at the University of South Australia. Applicants must have their research proposal approved at time of application. The research topic should relate to human health and improved health outcomes for society.
Applicants may be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or international student.
The grant may be used to cover PhD research-related travel e.g. presenting at an international conference, collecting data, collaborating with international experts, or purchase of specialised equipment for the research.
The grant funds should be utilised within 12 months of payment. If it is not expected that funds will be used within the timeframe, the reasons must be outlined in the written statement.
Applicants are required to provide a Curriculum Vitae and written statement (maximum 500 words) detailing:
- Academic achievements
- Reasons for studying their current program
- The importance of the research, alignment with at least one of the University of South Australia's research themes and its potential impact on health:
An Age Friendly World
- Future career goals
- How the research grant will be sent
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide a reference from their principal supervisor and attend a selection panel interview.
The grant will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement, written statement, principle supervisor and attend a selection panel interview.
Applicants would normally be able to study full-time, however part-time applications will be considered with the reason for part-time study clearly outlined in the written statement.
Students may be in receipt of another scholarship or grant administered by UniSA.
How to apply:
Apply through My Scholarships, accessed via your myUniSA student portal.
In addition to applying online, applicants are required to provide a written statement, as outlined above, and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Value: $2,500 to be paid in one instalment upon acceptance of the BUPA Health Research Grant.
Application opens from 01/02/19 to 10/03/19.
For more information contact:
SAS: Scholarships and Candidature
Tel: (08) 8302 5880
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College