MOVE muscle, bone & joint health PhD Scholarship in Musculoskeletal Health
About the scholarship
As part of the MOVE muscle, bone & joint health Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy 2015-2019, the organisation is offering full time scholarships for a PhD project in musculoskeletal (MSK) health commencing in 2018.
The objectives of the scheme are:
- to support researchers in producing high quality evidence to help individuals with or at risk of developing a MSK condition(s) and
- to translate already existing or new evidence in MSK research into practise
The successful application must be aligned with our Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy 2015-2019 discussed further below. Please note that basic science research does not align with our Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status
- have obtained an Australian Bachelor’s Degree with Honours (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant area of study including science, medicine or health related field within:
- the last five years, or
- the last ten years if you are a recent medical graduate with further clinical training for fellowship to a specialist medical college*
* For a list of specialist medical colleges visit: http://www.cpmec.org.au/index.cfm?Do=View.Page&PageID=55
Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of citizenship or residency status within the funding agreement.
Applicants who have previously been awarded a MOVE (or Arthritis Victoria) scholarship are not eligible, nor are those currently in receipt of other nationally competitive grants that include salary support.
Applicants who are directly involved in competing research and or related initiatives as well as affiliations or financial investments with other organisations that have a commercial interest in the research being undertaken are also not eligible.
Applicants must also meet the requirements of the university, including all the conditions for admission to the research higher degree program and be nominated by the enrolling school or institute.
The value of the scholarship is $30,000 per annum.
Currently a minimum of two scholarships are available within the five year budget.
The scholarship is for three years. Any additional time taken to complete the PhD will not be paid.
How to Apply and Key Dates
Applicants are asked to fill out and email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The referee and supervisor reports are part of the application and it is the applicants responsibility to supply their supervisor and referee with the relevant information and form with sufficient time for them to complete it and submit it to MOVE prior to, or on, the specified closing date. The application form, referee form and supervisor form can be found at: http://www.move.org.au/Research/For-Researchers/PhD-Scholarships
The funding round will open on Monday 3 July and close Monday 4 September 2017.
Website for scholarship: http://www.move.org.au/Research/For-Researchers/PhD-Scholarships