- Doctoral students are exempt from tuition fees for up to the equivalent of 4 years full-time.
- Masters by research students are exempt from tuition fees for up to the equivalent of 2 years full-time.
Fee-relief scholarships are available to candidates who have exceeded the funding period for their candidature.
Are you eligible?
To apply for a fee-relief scholarship, you must:
- currently be enrolled at UniSA in either a doctoral degree by research or a masters by research
- have completed your data collection or equivalent
- be enrolled as a domestic student. International students are not eligible for this scholarship
- be in the writing-up stage
- not be a continuing UniSA academic staff member.
- not be in Bad Financial Standing from a previous Research Period
Duration of the scholarship
Students are enrolled in a Research Period enrolment pattern of 1 and 3, or 2 and 4. Your enrolment pattern is determined by your commencement date and you will maintain this enrolment pattern for the duration of your degree. Students that commenced prior to 01/01/2016 will be enrolled in Research Periods 1 and 3.
You can check your enrolment pattern in the enrolment tile of your myUniSA student portal. This will show whether you have been enrolled in Research Periods 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. If you are unsure of your enrolment pattern and which Research Period you should be applying, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee relief scholarship will only apply to the dates approved on your fee relief application, not the whole research period. You can only request fee relief during one Research Period at a time. Consumption changes, such as load changes or leave of absence, during the fee relief period will not affect your fee relief dates.
How to apply
Complete and submit the application form. You will need to provide a detailed work plan of activities, including tasks and dates, to complete the thesis within the period of the fee-relief scholarship.
Please note: you must also apply to go overtime
The closing date for your fee relief application will depend on your Research Period enrolment pattern and the Research Period for which you are applying to have your fees waived.
When determining the appropriate fee relief closing date from the table below, please refer to your personal enrolment pattern.
You can check your enrolment pattern in the Enrolment tile of your myUniSA student portal. This will show whether you have been enrolled in Research Periods 1 and 3 or Research Periods 2 and 4. If you are unsure of your enrolment pattern and for which Research Period you should be applying for fee relief please contact email@example.com
Your fee relief application form will need to be completed, approved and submitted to Scholarships and Candidature by the following dates for each Research Period:
|Research Period||Research Period Dates||Fee Relief Application Closing Date|
Research Period 1
|01/01 - 30/06||
Research Period 2
|01/04 - 30/09||
Research Period 3
|01/07 - 31/12||
Research Period 4
|01/10 - 31/03||
* Please note: 'domestic' refers to Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents of Australia
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College