The Australian Government's Australia Awards program aims to increase access to and the quality of education and training for people in partner countries.
Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships provide opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full-time study at participating Australian universities and other educational institutions. There is usually one annual selection round in each country.
Each participating country has different selection processes and timelines. Further information on individual country processes can be obtained from the Australian Embassy/High Commission in the country of citizenship.
How to apply
You don't need to have a formal offer of admission to the University of South Australia when you apply for the Australia Awards.
Admission to your nominated institution and program is requested (see participating country contact details) once awards have been made.
Closing dates (for the following academic year)
Application opening and closing dates vary by country
- Check eligibility criteria and application details for the Australia Awards Scholarship
- Refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook for requirements.
- Submit an application for a scholarship using the online application system (OASIS). For a Masters by Research or PhD you will need to specify your nominated institution, program and an appropriate supervisor
If your Australia Awards application is successful, your request will be sent to the University of South Australia for consideration for admission to the nominated research degree program.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College