Satellite Comms scholarships offer $10K top-upOctober 16 2014
Two $10,000 top-ups are offered to students undertaking an HDR in Satellite Communications
Applications close 31 October
Future earth observation satellites require gigabit data rates for high resolution imagery. This project will design satellite and earth station equipment using novel signal processing and coding algorithms to provide excellent spectral efficiency and lower bit error rates over realistic satellite links.
Area of research
Satellite Communications, compensation techniques for non-linear satellite communications channels. High bandwidth Satcom channels with non linear amplifiers.
Two top-ups are available for students (Masters or PhD) on an APA.
This scholarship is available to domestic students only.
$10,000 per annum top-up to students on an APA for three years with a possible 6-month extension (doctoral candidates) or two years (masters by research candidates).
How to apply
Indicate your interest when applying online
Contact for more information
Prof Bill Cowley +61 8 830 23858
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College