ITR wins 3MT second year in a rowJuly 24 2014
ITR student Yinyue Qiu has just won the ITEE Division final of the Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition.
Yinyue with fellow ITR students Quoc Bao Nguyen, Mohmed Ali Tebbi, Qun Zhang, and Mohmed Salah faced tough competition in a total field of 24 students from across the division’s diverse research areas of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment.
ITR Acting Director Mr Jeff Kasparian congratulated all the students and said he was especially excited about the win as this was now the second consecutive year that an ITR student has won the Divisional 3MT competition.
As Yinyue described so well in her presentation, the aim of her research is to find a more efficient way for in-body medical devices to communicate their information, a function which currently gobbles up an excessive amount of the device’s battery life.
Yinyue will now represent the ITEE Division at the UniSA-wide 3MT final on 10 September, at the newly constructed SAHMRI Building on North Terrace, Adelaide.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College