ITR student wins UniSA 3MT competitionSeptember 13 2013
The Institute for Telecommunications Research is proud to announce its PhD student Demi Gao has won the University of South Australia 3MT (Three Minute Thesis) competition.
Demi's excellent presentation on her research into improving the performance of cochlear implants, together with her confident engaging style impressed the judges enough to place her first.
The 3MT competition is held across the University and is open to all higher degree students. Demi will now go on to compete in the Trans-Tasman 3MT competition in Sydney in October.
About 3MT: Higher degree research students must communicate the significance of their research to a non-specialist audience in three minutes with one simple power-point slide. It is an exercise that develops skills students will need when pitching to government and industry, as well as in explaining their research to their friends and families.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College