ITR Researchers Awarded Over $1M In Competitive GrantsNovember 07 2011
ITR 2011 grant winners announced.
ITR researchers have been awarded a number of research grants for 2011. as follows:
- Ingmar Land and Roy Timo: $320,000 discovery project, Compression of distributed data: bridging the gap between theory and practice - in collaboration with Sarah Johnson (Newcastle), Sergio Verdu (Princeton) and Gerhard Kramer (Munich).
- Ingmar Land and Lars Rasmussen (KTH Sweden): Physical layer security techniques for multiuser wireless networks, a $300,000 project hosted at UNSW, in collaboration with Jinhong Yuan and Robert Malaney.
- Khoa Nguyen: Reliable transmission for wireless control - a $375,000 DECRA fellowship (one of only four at UniSA).
- Mark McDonnell: Endeavour Award to visit the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (April-December 2012), to work with Professor Lawrence Ward in the Psychophysics and Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory and Brain Research Centre.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College