ITR Acting Director appointedJanuary 01 2014
ITR Business Development Manager Mr Jeff Kasparian has been appointed Acting Director of the Institute for Telecommunications Research, University of South Australia.
Mr Kasparian will commence in the role on January 1, 2014, initially for a period of six months.He takes over the position from Professor Alex Grant, who has been ITR Director for six years.
Holding a Bachelor of Electronic Engineering from the University of South Australia, Mr Kasparian has held positions for over 20 years in wireless communications research and development, including technical, project management, operations management and business development.
Professor Grant will continue as a Research Professor at ITR, and has taken on a lead role in bidding for the establishment of an Intelligent Transport Cooperative Research Centre. He will also be pursuing opportunities to commercialise outcomes from the recently completed Global Sensor Network project, aimed at highly efficient and cost effective communications to and from remote sensors.
For more information, please contact Mr Jeff Kasparian, 0408 838 660.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College