Best Student Paper AusCTW 2016February 07 2016
Institute for Telecommunications Research (ITR) students Muhammad Yasir and Abdullah Saed received Best Student Paper award at the Australian Communications Theory Workshop (AusCTW) 2016
The paper "Uncoordinated Multiple Access Scheme for VLC Systems with Positioning Capability" by M. Yasir, S. Abdullah and S.-W. Ho has received the best student paper award at AusCTW 2016.
The paper was presented by Yasir at AusCTW which is one of the major local conferences focusing on communications, coding and information theory.
Yasir is a PhD student in ITMS/ITR, where he is supervised by Dr Siu Wai Ho and Dr Badri Vellambi (NJIT in USA). His research interest is in indoor positioning and visible light communications.
Abdullah is a PhD student in ITMS/ITR, where he is supervised by Dr Siu Wai Ho and Dr Albert Sung (City U in Hong Kong). His research interest is in multiuser problems in visible light communications.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College