Hawke EU Centre Ambassador Scholarship 2019June 05 2019
Would you like to know more about Europe? An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding undergraduate student in the School of Law who is looking to learn more about the challenges and opportunities facing Europe and the operation of the European Union.
The Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence Ambassadorial Scholarship is offering one high achieving student the chance to attend the "Future4Europe" European Summer School . Combining central aspects of European Integration with special policy fields, the program will analyse the European Union, give insights to the functioning of the European institutions and its politics, and discuss multiple perspectives on European Integration by offering lectures and workshops as well as field trips to different European Institutions. Please note that this summer school will not count towards course credit, but is a competitive award to complement your undergraduate study (and add to your CV).
What we are looking for:
A high achieving (GPA of at least 5) 2nd and 3rd year student who is interested in developing their knowledge and understanding of the EU.
What the funding covers:
The Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre Ambassadorial Scholarship will cover the registration costs of the program (990 €, which includes field trips to Brussels, Strasbourg, Saarbrücken, full board (all meals) and lodging accommodation in twin rooms at the European Academy of Otzenhausen).
Also, the scholarship includes an 860 € stipend that will be paid to the winning applicant upon their arrival at the summer school.
What the funding does not cover:
The scholarship does not cover the travel costs of the winning applicant to the Summer Course in Otzenhausen, Germany, or back to Adelaide from the Summer Course. While the winning applicant will receive an 860 € contribution towards these travel expenses when they arrive at the Summer Course (as described above), they will need to pay for their full travel costs up front prior to the Summer Course.
What you need to do to apply:
Submit an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21 June 2019
For more information, download the Future4Europe flyer.
Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre research Associate and Coordinator
P: 8302 2949
This schoalrship is supported by the Europa-Institut, Saarland University, in cooperation with ASKO EUROPA-STIFTUNG, the Europäische Akademie Otzenhausen and the Centre international de formation européenne (Cife). It is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College