Farid Un Nisa Usmani Islamic Education Grant
The Farid Un Nisa Usmani Islamic Education Grant will be awarded to a student enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Education - Islamic Education.
To receive the grant, applicants must demonstrate a passion for their Islamic education program, and have future goals related to Islamic education.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- Enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Education - Islamic Education (MGIM).
- Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident of Australia or international student.
- Academic merit (based on performance in undergraduate degree at UniSA or another institution.
- Full-time (preferred) or part-time.
- Submission of a written statement.
Full-time recipients will be given preference, but part-time applicants will be considered where there is a demonstrated need to study part time. Where a part-time recipient is selected, funds will be awarded pro rata.
Applicants are required to provide a written statement (maximum 500 words) outlining:
- Reasons for studying the Islamic education program and how the degree supports their aspirations.
- Academic achievements.
- Community involvement.
- Future career goals within the education sector.
How to apply:
Applications are accessed through my Scholarships (via logging on to the my UniSA student portal).
Value: $5,000, two instalment of $2,500 to be paid after SP2 and SP5 census date
Applications will close 28 February 2019
For more information contact:
UniSA Genral enquiries
Tel: 1300 301 703
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College