Discover the wide range of research areas that we can offer expertise in.
Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Mathematics is an enabling discipline that underpins science, engineering and technology.
The Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (CIAM) brings together researchers in pure and applied mathematics to discover, understand and interpret natural phenomena and apply mathematics to important industrial and social problems.
The Centre also seeks to develop new research strengths in mathematics and statistics and train the next generation of mathematical scientists.
CIAM research themes include:
- Mathematical analysis
- Modelling of systems and processes
- Optimisation and optimal control
- Signal and image processing
- Scheduling and control for transportation systems and water management
- Financial mathematics and risk management
Each theme provides a focus for specialist mathematical research and consulting in particular fields of industrial and applied mathematics.
If you are a future student, researcher or partner, contact us to find out more about our programs and services, and becoming involved with our distinguished centre.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College