UniSA Ranked World Top 100 for Engineering and TechnologyNovember 04 2013
Photo: Daniel Griffiths is a graduate in UniSA's Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical and Mechatronic) and is currently pursuing a PhD at the School of Engineering and Defence and Systems Institute (DASI).
The University of South Australia’s Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment has been acknowledged as a high-performing, progressive and engaging institute, earning impressive rankings for its teaching and research including:
- World top 100 for Engineering and Technology, top six in Australia and number one in South Australia in the 2013-14 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- Industry relevant research - number one in Australia for funding received from Commonwealth grants to CRCs.
- Excellence in Research Australia 2012 rated more than 86 per cent of our university’s assessed research as world standard or above, including a ranking of 4 for Engineering – a performance above world standard.
- Highest in the nation for teaching in Civil Engineering in the Graduate Careers Australia 2012 Course Experience Questionnaire.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College