School of Natural and Built Environments
The School of Natural and Built Environments focuses on the unique relationships between the natural and built environments, and is a leading provider of education and research aimed at improving environmental and socio-economic sustainability.
Get out of the classroom and into the field studying one of our applied, innovative and diverse programs in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Science or Geospatial Science.
Our strong links with industry and government ensure you will gain relevant practical experience and graduate with sought-after skills and knowledge. A range of scholarships is on offer to support your studies.
We are a hub for research with our own Natural and Built Environments Research Centre as well as being involved in several national cooperative research centres. We collaborate with the Future Industries Institute.and Barbara Hardy Institute.
Discover what we have to offer you.
Read our brochure
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College