UniSA recently signed 8 agreements with international universitiesMay 11 2015
The University of South Australia has recently signed 8 agreements with international universities to promote collaboration, student exchange and research.
- Student Exchange was signed with Kansas State University (USA) to facilitate student exchange and strengthen the MoU signed in 2013. KSU is one of the top universities in the field of unmanned aerial systems – and the first of two US universities to offer a B. Science in Unmanned Aircraft Systems. KSU is recognised as one of America’s best colleges (Princeton Review), and US News and World Report lists it in the top 75 public universities. QS ranking 471 – 480. The SEA offers opportunity for UniSA’s Aviation Dept and School of Engineering. Initial focus is in pilot training, aviation management, unmanned aerial systems, accident investigation and safety management.
- An MOU was signed with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)(USA). ERAU is a leading aviation educator and the MoU aims to expand aviation degree opportunities, staff/student exchange opportunities and joint venture in Aviation graduate degrees. ERAU visited UniSA in February to meet with key staff and tour the Aviation school, culminating in a flight aboard the Shark Patrol.
- Student Exchange agreement was renewed with Nagoya University of Foreign Studies (NUFS)(Japan). NUFS is a popular destination for Japanese Studies students, and provides stipends for UniSA exchange students.
- An MOU was signed with Sookmyung Women's University (SWU) (Korea). As Korea’s first national private woman’s school (1906), it is ranked 20 (of 200) Korean universities.
- Student Exchange & Study Abroad agreement was renewed with Minnesota State University (USA). MSU continues to be a popular destination for both inbound and outbound exchange students
- An MOU was signed with Cloud Security Alliance (Singapore). CSA is the world’s leading organisation dedicated to defining and raising awareness of best practices in secure cloud computing. CSA works with industry, associations, governments, corporate and individual members to offer cloud-security-specific research, education, certification and products. The MoU will facilitate increases research outputs, increased funding opportunities as well as research expertise.
- A Study Abroad agreement was signed with KDU College, Penang (Malaysia). KDU College and UniSA have had an articulation agreement since 2010. However, the Study Abroad agreement proposes opportunity for short-term study experiences in Australia, which may encourage future flow of articulation students.
- Proposal submitted to Kansai Gaidai University, Japan. Proposal outlines the delivery of three programs involving academic study, internships and project-based learning in conjunction with Navitas to be delivered at UniSA, and English Language teaching at KGU.