UniSA has a commitment to delivering tertiary education to all students. Support and scholarships are available not only for high achieving students, but also for students in need, regional students or those who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander. Along with this, UniSA partners with the Country Education Foundation of Australia (CEF) to help provide financial assistance for rural and regional students and university experience programs for school students in regional communities.
Eddie Hughes Regional Education Grant
The Eddie Hughes Regional Education Grant is available to students enrolled full-time in any program at the University of South Australia's Whyalla Campus. Value: up to $1,000. For full grant criteria, please click here.
Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship
Valued up to $18,000 the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program supports new students with the costs of studying full-time, part-time, on campus or online in the following fields of study:
- Natural and Physical Sciences (includes Mathematical Sciences);
- Information and Technology;
- Engineering and Related Technologies;
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies; or
- Health (except the narrow field of study 0619: Complementary Therapies).
For more details, visit the scholarships page.
Information about other scholarship opportunities for Whyalla students is available from UniSA's main Scholarships page.
UniSA Regional - Whyalla
Phone: +61 8 8302 6049
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College