Facilities and learning support
We have installed high-speed fibre optic cables to Whyalla. You should be getting internet speeds 1000 times the rate you’re used to – from 10 megabits per second to 10 gigabits per second. This not only makes you the best connected students in any regional city in Australia but brings our digital learning strategy which blends online and face-to-face teaching so you get access to the same curriculum, the same resources and the same academics as those in the city.With the support of OneSteel Arrium Mining in Whyalla we have helped create a new Engineering Teaching and Learning Centre (ETLC), so regional engineering students can access teaching facilities similar to those at the city campus.
A new simulated classroom is available for Bachelor of Education students to practise in-class activities like displaying student work and using smart boards. The facility will better prepare graduates for their first education placement and is a first of its kind for UniSA.
The Library is committed to providing high quality services and support to students and staff at our Whyalla Campus. Part of this commitment includes our digital strategy, that the majority of Library resources are available electronically and students and staff have access to the "Ask the Library" enquiry service. For more infomration, visit the UniSA Library.
The Whyalla Campus has two computer pool rooms MB2-61 and MB2-62. Whyalla bookings contact:
Phone: +61 8 8647 8111 or extension 28111
Wirringka Student Services
For information on the Wirringka Student Services, click here.
Aboriginal Student and Community Engagement Officer
Student Engagement Unit
Phone: +61 8 8647 6179
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College