Connecting with the community is a significant part of what we do at UniSA. It is our intention to be at the heart of regional development and at the forefront of meeting the ongoing challenges faced within rural and regional South Australia.
Our regional location plus our partnership with educational institutions, non-government organisations, Federal Government departments, and the Whyalla and regional communities, gives us the opportunity to improve and contribute to a wide range of economic, social and cultural developments.
One significant ongoing partnership is the Department of Rural Health (DRH) is also based at the Whyalla campus. The DRH provides rural health research opportunities and placement opportunities for health students, and is supported by the Australian Government’s Department of Health and Ageing.
UniSA College’s Connect Team runs a range of programs in the new ETLC to bring secondary educators, university teaching expertise and students together in an engaging and dynamic environment.
Looking for a professional and affordable solution for your next business meeting, corporate presentation, or workshop and training?
We offer external hire of our facilities including meeting rooms, tutorial rooms, lecture theatres and general purpose classrooms*.
To book please contact Whyalla Assist on (08) 8647 8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that hire of teaching spaces is only available when the rooms are not required for academic programs.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College