Wern Chern Chai - Malaysia
MalaysiaWern Chern Chai, Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) (IBPH)
Why did you choose to study at the University of South Australia (UniSA)?
“I chose to study at the University of South Australia because I believe it has good reputation for its education quality, conducive study environment, high quality academic staff and research opportunities.”
What are the benefits of UniSA and their teaching staff?
“The lecturers are not only supportive, but they are very helpful and caring in our learning and development as a student, and as an individual.
As part of the curriculum, we are required to attend twice-fortnightly hospital placements which open our eyes towards the work field related to our study.
UniSA’s Career services have provided many sessions that are available for me to attend according to my convenience such as resume sessions, interview sessions - and did I forget to mention it was free!
Apart from the learning perspective, the students are very friendly and supportive. I attended City East Campus, there are many social activities that helps take my mind off studying and to enjoy what Adelaide has to offer.”
What are your impressions of Adelaide?
“Adelaide became my choice of place because I believed it is just the right place for me- not too fast, not to slow. I felt welcome from the moment I came until today. The aspect of the city that appeals to me is the FOOD! The amazing variety of food!”Enquire Online
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College