Chaleunsouk Sisouvong - Lao People's Democratic Republic (Laos)
Lao People's Democratic Republic (Laos)Chaleunsouk Sisouvong, Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (MHAR), Bachelor of Media Arts (MBMA)
Why did you choose to study at the University of South Australia (UniSA)?
"I chose to study at UniSA as it offers a program and courses which are in my interest. UniSA offers a great opportunity for me to develop my practical skills which I really appreciate that. I feel lucky to be chosen by UniSA and I will personally promote my university when I return home and encourage friends to choose to study at UniSA for their first choice."
"UniSA is the best university in South Australia which provides practical skills and industry knowledge. You will not disappointed if you chose UniSA."
What are the benefits of UniSA and their teaching staff?
"My Bachelor degree at the University of South Australia provided me with a range of skills such as digital design and web development. I really like UniSA because most courses in the Media Arts program ensure that students gain the practical skills and industry knowledge.
Being able to study independently and getting support from the Learning and Teaching Unit is the best thing about being a UniSA student.
I got a chance to work with a real client which is a great opportunity to gain real life experience during my study.
All staff are welcoming and provide support in any issues relating to my study. I feel like UniSA is like my second home. I do not have to worry about anything. Like I said, the Learning and Teaching Unit assists international students and they understand our situation. It is not just academic writing support but also general issues surrounding my study. I can openly talk to them like a family member. Also, computers and software applications in my campus are up to date and those computers are available for students 24/7."
What are your impressions of Adelaide?
"Adelaide is clean, safe and the people are very friendly. Adelaide is peaceful, not overcrowded and has a lot less distractions than other cities like Melbourne and Sydney. Cost of living and rent are not high compared to other states in Australia. If I have a chance to study my master degree or PhD, I will choose Adelaide for sure. Living in Adelaide for almost three years now, provides me lots of life experience especially how to deal with people from different cultures which I then apply to my future career.
I and my family love to walk on the beach whenever I have time. I also enjoyed going to the beaches nearby for sunset walks or fish and chips dinner! Glenelg and Semaphore Beach are my favourite places to relax. There are also nice places around Adelaide such as the Clare Valley, Barossa Valley, Hahndorf, Mt Lofty, Victor Harbor and Murray Bridge."
What is your advice to others?
"UniSA is the best university in South Australia which provides practical skills and industry knowledge. You will not disappointed if you chose UniSA."Enquire Online
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College