Amandeep Kaur Sidhu – India
IndiaAmandeep Kaur Sidhu, Master of Social Work (MMSK)
Why did you choose to study at the University of South Australia (UniSA)?
“Being a psychology student, I always wanted to have an international exposure to learn and observe how social sciences are used and dealt with in different parts of the world and in different cultures. Therefore, Australia, particularly Adelaide was the perfect place to gain a first-hand experience with diverse cultures and people from all over the world. And UniSA is one of the most recognised Universities for the opportunities and facilities it provides to its students. And it also gave me a chance to integrate my past study in Psychology with my new degree in Social Work and use them both in reaching out to clients.”
“If you are interested in diversity and would like to have a first-hand experience in a closely knitted society - then Adelaide is the place for you. UniSA will provide you with such opportunities throughout your course.”
What are the benefits of UniSA and their teaching staff?
“What I enjoyed the most about studying at UniSA is the friendly environment in the class with professors and fellow students. In one class, you have an opportunity to interact and share with students from all walks of life speaking different languages and from diverse cultures.
The teaching staff in the University are very friendly and co-operative, with a vast knowledge. From the day I joined UniSA, I have come across many people and they are all so nice and helpful. Being new to this country and the education system, it was very difficult for me to adjust. Adding to this situation was the homesickness but the professors provided me with so much support and counselling that I really felt at ease. They were always there to help me. And now after nine months in Australia, I feel so confident and happy.
The services provided to the students, especially international students are excellent. UniSA takes care of each student individually. The Campus Central people helped in answering each of my queries. The Learning and Teaching Unit provided me with the academic help and also provided counselling for my homesickness. The whole team are there to help us and are really friendly and supportive.
There are a vast number of books and journals available to help us with our studies and are easily accessible.”
What are your impressions of Adelaide?
“I study at Magill campus and it really is very beautiful with big lawns and greenery all around. It is very peaceful place to study and observe nature.”
What is your advice to others?
“If you are interested in diversity and would like to have a first-hand experience in a closely knitted society - then Adelaide is the place for you. UniSA will provide you with such opportunities throughout your course.”Enquire Online
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College