Eva-Maria Glatz – Germany
GermanyEva-Maria Glatz, Study Abroad
Why did you choose to study at the University of South Australia (UniSA)?
“I had been told how good the Marketing courses at UniSA are and how to get around. Furthermore the courses offered were much more promising than courses within the field of Marketing and Management at other institutions in Adelaide.”
What are the benefits of UniSA and their teaching staff?
“UniSA are well structured and each course comes with a tutorial that enables you to gain deeper insight and knowledge into the field as well as apply it straight away in practical examples and exercises. I like the fact that the courses I chose were very challenging and the lecturers/ tutors all had long working experience and expertise within their fields.
I liked the fact that UniSA is a very international university with lecturers and students from all over the world. This enabled me to gain a lot of knowledge from different experiences and perspectives. The University is also very lively and there is always some event going on.
I enjoyed my semester at UniSA a lot as my lecturers and tutors were always very supportive. They always got me to do my very best and were like mentors for me. I have learnt a lot from them.”
"I enjoyed my semester at UniSA a lot as my lecturers and tutors were always very supportive. They always got me to do my very best and were like mentors for me. I have learnt a lot from them.”
What are your impressions of Adelaide?
“Adelaide is comparably cheaper than cities like Sydney and Melbourne and still has a lot to offer in terms of festivals, as well as food and wine. In Adelaide, I really enjoyed going to the beach at Glenelg as well as going for a drive in the beautiful Adelaide Hills. I also liked going to the Central Markets and of course the UniSA pub-crawls! One highlight was definitely the Barossa Valley tour with all the international students. Another one would be my first pub-crawl since we do not have them in Germany. I can also recommend the wildlife parks around Adelaide and of course I had a picture with a koala taken. A nice experience was also to see the Royal Adelaide Show which was actually quite similar to the Oktoberfest in Munich!”Enquire Online
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College