Full semester exchange

Study Overseas

As a student at the University of South Australia you can participate in an international exchange at one of our exchange partners. To be eligible for a full semester exchange you must:

  •  be an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework student
  •  complete studies at the partner institution to the equivalent of 13.5 or 18 units of study
  •  Meet all student exchange selection criteria


  •  Some partner universities only accept either undergraduate or postgraduate students
  •  International fee-paying students may apply but cannot participate in an exchange to their home country
  •  Postgraduate research students can undertake some of their research activities overseas and should contact the Graduate Research Centre office for more information.

Get a grant

If you are a coursework student and you meet our exchange criteria you will be eligible for a travel grant of AUD $2,500. The award of Travel Grants is subject to the discretion of the Pro Vice Chancellor: International.

How we help you

All exchanges are managed by the study overseas team at UniSA International. We will help you apply for your exchange and will contact the partner institution on your behalf. Find out more about our global opportunities including details about the application process here.

Useful forms

Useful forms

Here is a collection of some other useful forms.

Apply for study abroad

During your exchange

Get your questions answered.


Returning from exchange

Find out what you need to do when you return from your exchange.