Creating New Pathways to Market
Consumer interest in information about food safety, food origins, and the sustainability of food production processes is increasing.
Changing consumption behaviours present opportunities and threats for food producers who need to understand and respond to changing preferences.
The client wanted to determine the relative importance Australian consumers place on different attributes of their beef products, including quality claims.
A discrete choice experiment (DCE) was designed to mimic the experience of selecting different cuts of meat in-store. Respondents were asked to select how many units of each product they would purchase.
A Decision Support System was created which allowed the client to simulate product shelves in different grocery stores/butchers. The client could specify the competing products and their attributes to predict the probability of the consumer choosing their product.
Prof Swait is one of our experts.
Dr Ardeshiri is one of our experts.
See more about the research techniques we use to deliver key insights for partners.
Ask a Question
Get in touch with the Institute for Choice.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College