Do you like the idea of pursuing issues, ideas and problems in education and contributing to new knowledge? If so, you might like to consider a research degree program in the School of Education.
Teachers, educators, managers, graduates, academics, and retirees are just some of the people who are taking the opportunity to explore their passion in depth.
The School of Education offers three research degree programs at both Magill and Mawson Lakes campuses.
Each program offers a broad range of research opportunities from early childhood through to primary, secondary, adult, vocational and workplace learning.
The Doctor of Education or Professional Doctorate program (MPEU) is preferred by educational practitioners in the field who wish to undertake and commission research in their own worksite. It involves coursework and three smaller but related research projects rather than one single thesis.
How to apply
Visit the Research degrees section of the website for all you need to know about becoming a higher degree by research student at UniSA, including details on how to apply.
For further program details please contact:
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College