The Rosemary Bryant AO Research Centre (the Centre) is a partnership between the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (SA Branch) and the University of South Australia. The Centre aims to strengthen the role of the nursing & midwifery profession across the health system through the development of a research-driven, evidence-based platform of healthcare. To achieve this, the Centre has developed a comprehensive research program focused on advancing the discipline of nursing and midwifery, and patient care in the domains of population and public health, workforce reform, safety and quality, clinical practice, patient outcomes, and integration into education.
The goal of the centre is to be recognised as the leading nursing and midwifery research centre in Australia with an international reputation and presence, and to promote and facilitate undertaking of nursing/midwifery led research and the application of its research into practice within the health care system.
This will be achieved through:
- undertaking high quality, high impact research;
- building and enhancing innovative partnerships;
- investing strategically in health research;
- embedding translation into the research design; and
- establishing an effective business and funding model to sustain and grow the Centre.
Current research activities
- Nursing and Midwifery Workforce
- New Models of Care: Health System Redesign and Leadership
- Innovation through technology and data systems
- Translation of research into education, practice and policy
2018 Seeding Grant Funding
The Rosemary Bryant AO Research Centre is inviting applications for the Centre’s Seeding Grant for scientific research that contributes to strengthening the nursing and midwifery workforce across the health system through the advancement of evidence-based healthcare.
Two grants will be awarded to the value of $12,000, which are designed to support early and mid-career researchers. The projects supported by the seeding grant will be in line with the strategic objectives of the Rosemary Bryant AO Research Centre.
For more information, please view the funding guidelines available here.
To view a copy of the Seeding Grant questions please click here.
Applications are now closed.
Rosemary Bryant AO Research Centre
University of South Australia
City East Campus, Playford Building P4-27
Adelaide SA 5000
T: + 61 8 8302 2129