The Gould Experimental Science Grant
At the heart of good science is the experiment and at the heart of good scientific training is the opportunity to engage in measurement and in the collection and statistical analysis of one's own experimental data. The Gould Experimental Science Grant has been established via a personal gift from Dr Ian Gould, Chancellor of the University of South Australia.
The grant aims to encourage Honours and PhD students to undertake 'hands on' research where the student proposes to engage actively in experimental work and collect and analyse their own data for thesis work in any area of science, including the social sciences.
One grant will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, a personal written statement, a reference from the research supervisor and performance at an interview.
You must be accepted for admission to candidature of an Honours degree and be undertaking full-time study at UniSA in the year for which the grant is tenable. The grant is not available to students studying degrees 'with honours'. Applicants are required to submit a research thesis proposal.
You must be enrolled full-time in your second or third year and demonstrate satisfactory academic performance.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a personal written statement detailing how the funds will be used to support their experimental research and a reference from their research supervisor.
For more information please contact:
UniSA General enquiries
Tel: 1300 301 703
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College