7. Apply online
Before you start your application, please read the applicant checklist below, which will assist you in preparing the information and documents you will need and answering the questions you will be asked in the application process. You are now ready to complete the online application form.
The first section of the application asks for your registration details to set up your Apply Online account. Once you submit this information you will be emailed your login details and a link to activate your application. Please note that the activation link is valid for 7 days. After you activate your application, you will be able to login to edit and complete your application in multiple sessions.
When you submit the completed application you will be asked to declare that all information that you have supplied is accurate.
Complete 'How to apply'
Steps 1 to 7 and have the information and documents from that process ready to include in your application.
Have your residential and mailing address(es) to hand.
English Proficiency (International Applicants Only)
Details of a recent university recognised English test OR upload evidence of how you meet the requirements through accepted alternatives. Your application can only be assessed after you have provided evidence that you have met the English language requirement. Your English test must still be valid when you commence your program of study.
Your previous and current tertiary qualifications including any incomplete or ongoing study. You will need to attach transcripts of results and parchment/academic credentials as evidence. Please refer to Step 6 of How to apply for more information.
You will be asked to match your research interest to areas of research at the university and determine whichprogram is suitable for your degree. Please refer to Step 2 of How to apply for more information.
You will be asked to respond to some questions to describe your proposed research
Whilst it is not mandatory, it is strongly recommended that you identify a supervisor and obtain his/her support before you submit your application. Please refer to Step 3 of How to apply for more information.
Published research that you have authored or co-authored. Upload evidence of the publications such as abstracts in English, details of the publication and a copy of the front page.
Any relevant professional experience you have undertaken. Answer the professional experience questions in the application and upload your CV.
Select one scholarship that you wish to apply for. If you are applying for the Research Training Program (RTP) domestic or international scholarships, you will be automatically considered for the UniSA Postgraduate Award (USAPA) (domestic) or the University Presidents Scholarships (UPS) (international), so please do not submit separate applications for those. Please refer to Step 4 of How to apply for more information.
For all other scholarship types, it is necessary to submit one application per scholarship.
Academic Referee Reports
It is your responsibility to request referee reports in support of your application. For more information, please refer to Step 5 of How to apply for more information.
Ensure that you upload all the documents/academic records required to support your application, as described in Step 6 of How to apply.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College