Find out more about the undergraduate, postgraduate and scholarship opportunities available at the Phenomics and Bioinformatics Research Centre.
- Postgraduate students
- Honours projects
- Honours information
- Summer research scholarships for undergraduate students
We seek to ensure our students are supported with scholarships that cover their tuition costs and provide a living stipend.
- Government and University scholarships
Applicants should apply for all appropriate government and university scholarships, which include the Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), the UniSA Australian Postgraduate Award (USAPA), and top-up research scholarships for Australian applicants, and the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and the UniSA President's Scholarship (UPS) for international applicants.
- Grains Industry Research Scholarships (GRS)
Full-time students who are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and applying for a Government or University scholarship may also be eligible to apply for a Grains Industry Research Scholarships (GRS). This scheme provides successful applicants with a top-up scholarship (in addition to their base scholarship) of $17,145 per year along with an operating budget of up to $10,000 per year.
- ATN Industry Doctoral Training Centre (IDTC) - Mathematics and Statistics
There may also be PhD positions available through the Industry Doctoral Training Centre (IDTC) - Mathematics and Statistics. This scheme provides a living allowance of $30,000 per year for four years.
Closing dates can be found here.
Student's undertaking certain projects are eligible to apply for ACPFG Honours scholarships. Honours projects are also available in any of the areas covered by the current projects of the Centre. Interested students are advised to directly contact the PBRC core member from whom they seek supervision for more information. Some information on honours, including courses, is available on the honours information page.
- Grains Industry Undergraduate Honours Scholarships (UHS)
Full-time students who are an Australian citizen or permanent resident may be eligible to apply for a Grains Industry Undergraduate Honours Scholarships (UHS), worth $10,000.
- School of Information Technology and Mathematical Sciences Honours Grant
A $5,000 grant available to a maximum of 10 students each year enrolling in the Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) (Industrial and Applied Mathematics) (LHMS) program. (Not available to students in receipt of any other scholarship, prize or grant).
Scholarships are available for undergraduate students to undertake research in the PBRC during their summer or winter vacations through a number of programs including the:
- University of South Australia's Vacation Research Scholarship program
- School of Information Technology and Mathematical Sciences Vacation Scholarship program
- Vacation scholarships linked to and funded by individual projects
Descriptions of some currently offered example vacation projects are available, or a project can be tailored to a student's specific interests and background. Interested students should contact the PBRC staff member they wish to work with or the PBRC director, Professor Stan Miklavcic.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College