iCAHE has a range of service available to assist with research development and translating evidence-based research into practice. Our services include:
- iCAHE Professional Development and Training Arm: This training arm delivers courses and modules for continuing professional education for clinicians, academics, policy makers, consumers and other stakeholders of health care. The courses and modules are developed based on ‘core’ (essential foundational knowledge) and ‘variable’ (needs of learners) components to facilitate uptake of knowledge and skills into practice. Courses and modules are delivered in different formats such as podcasts, face to face and online.
- The iCAHE Journal Club: Convening and providing training facilitation to support and grow Journal clubs, along side producing critically appraised and focused content for Journal Club discussions. Journal clubs provide an avenue for accessing, evaluating and reflecting upon evidence derived from the literature, thereby promoting evidence-based practice for both the individual practitioner and the organisations they work for.
- iCAHE Rapid Review Team: Our Methods team is devoted to developing high quality rapid reviews for industry partners. iCAHE Rapid Reviews provide a targeted, focused and purpose-driven summary of the current research evidence for an industry-defined question. Whilst the iCAHE Rapid Review methodology uses the same principles of systematic searching, critical appraisal and data synthesis as the other forms of Secondary Research Evidence, and as outlined in the PRISMA reporting standards, iCAHE Rapid Reviews are faster and consider only the best available literature to answer the question (highest hierarchy, best quality evidence) using a more targeted search strategy.
- iCAHE Masterclass: This initiative recognises the importance of supporting local allied and scientific health professionals. Currently, there is no date for future Masterclasses, however, when a date becomes avaliable, information will be made available via the iCAHE website.
If you are interested in utilizing an iCAHE service, please feel free to contact us:
International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
University of South Australia
GPO Box 2471
Adelaide SA Australia 5000
Telephone: +61 8 8302 2072
Fax: +61 8 8302 2853
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College