Leadership, Governance and Management
Research on leadership processes, management and governance is oen of the key areas within CITE’s. CITE is involved in an evidence-based research exploring leadership within Islamic organisations. This includes:
- Leadership Competency models from a Quranic perspective through narrations of prophets’ life experiences.
- The relationship between Muslim leadership, justice and trust operating among both police and Australian Muslim communities.
- Culture complexity in the Australian Islamic organisations: this explores the effect of multi-level layer cultures and sub cultures on leadership and how this relation could empower or inhibit the processes of leadership.
- Sensemaking within Muslim organisations in Australia: This explores followers' narrative and its impact on sensemaking, particularly how leaders and followers (future leaders) make sense of leading processes in order to overcome organisational challenges.
- Attitudes and behaviours of educational leaders: this examines the attitudes and behaviours of educational leaders, within Australia and Indonesia, with special reference to interpersonal skills in dealing with emotional intelligence.
- Leadership and governance in Australian Muslim schools: This examines how all levels of leadership and management perceive leadership processes within Islamic schools.
Faris, N., Abdalla, M. Leadership in Islam: Thoughts, Processes and Solutions in Australian Organizations (Palgrave Macmillan, 2017).https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783319664408
Big five questions on leadership
The following videos were taken with Australian educational leaders whose leadership journeys are remarkable in their roles as educators and principles. The five questions posed on leadership highlight how successful leaders think and the importance of hard work. Their answers to the five posed questions are an illumination and opportunity for everyone to learn from these lessons in leadership.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College