Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and Muslim Learners in Australian Classrooms
The Centre for Islamic Thought and Education (CITE), School of Education, UniSA invites educators of Muslim learners to a symposium themed: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and Muslim Learners in Australian Classrooms.
About the Symposium:
During this symposium we hope to bring together educators from across schools in Adelaide with similar student demographics to chart key complexities, identify responsive approaches, and brainstorm professional learning supports educators’ value.
The symposium is an opportunity for schools with a significant number of Muslim learners not to be missed. We believe the symposium will prove informative and instructive for educators’ classroom practice, specifically in enhanced responsiveness to the learning strengths and needs of diverse Muslim learners.
We hope the symposium will provide you with an opportunity to get to know about CITE, share your experiences and challenges regarding your Muslim students, and learn from other schools.
CITE focuses on research, teaching and engagement related to Muslim communities in Australia. In an age of heightened discrimination of Muslim peoples, misunderstanding of Muslim values and beliefs, and marginalization of Muslim learners in schools, CITE strives to use research as a tool to educate and engage with communities across Australia.
Date: Thursday, 11th October, 2018
Venue: J1.02, J Building, University of South Australia, Mawson Lakes Campus MAP
Time: 8.30 am – 3.00 pm
To reserve spots of for further information, contact: CITE@unisa.edu.au
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College